U•Konserve & Kids Konserve waste-free lunch packing and food storage products were a natural outgrowth of what two women saw as a critical need that required immediate attention. With the premise that any business they undertook had to help the environment in some way, it didn’t take much imagination to see how they, as parents of young children, were contributing to garbage landfills, pollutants and sending the wrong message to their own children. How could they set an example of conservation for their children and empower them to be examples of change for the future?
Calculating the amount of lunch trash being produced each day at their own schools shocked them enough to begin more research into reusable products that would dramatically cut down on our Earth’s ever-growing garbage pile. Focusing on how school lunch programs operate opened their eyes and propelled them to create U•Konserve & Kids Konserve.
- Reusable and Waste-Free – designed to reduce the staggering amount of trash that ends up in our landfills and oceans every year because of food packing.
- Sustainable Design – use high-quality, non-toxic materials designed to be durable and long lasting, and to minimize waste throughout each product’s life cycle.
- Non-Toxic and Non-Leaching – tested by independent labs to meet strict safety standards, all of our products are free of BPA, phthalates, PVC and lead.
- Recycled Materials – they only use recycled cotton, and all of the insulated fabrics are made from recycled plastic bottles.
- Functional and Practical – products are designed for kids and adults, ideal for lunches, travel, picnics, takeout, salad bars, refrigerator storage and more! They’re leak-proof, easy to clean, and easy to pack and store.