This recipe is taken from Leiths Vegetarian Bible. Light and delicious.
- 100g French Beans
- 225g Firm Waxy Potatoes, grated
- 4 Spring Onions, trimmed and chopped
- 110g Radishes, grated
- Zest of 1 Lime, grated
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Coriander, chopped
- 1 Green Chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1/2 to 1 Tbsp Thai Red Curry Paste
- 2 Medium Eggs, beaten
- 30g Chickpea Flour (Gram Flour)
- Salt and Pepper
- Sunflower or Groundnut Oil, for frying
- Fresh Coriander Sprigs To Garnish
- Sweet Lime Sauce:
Mix together 2 limes (zest + juice) , 1 Tbsp Soft Light Brown Sugar, 1 Red Chilli (deseeded and chopped), 2 Tsp Fresh Coriander (chopped), 2 Tbsp Water. Cover and chill until needed.
- Ginger Dipping Sauce:
Mix together 1 Tbsp Sweet Soy Sauce, Juice of 1/2 Lemon, 1 Tbsp Water, 1cm Fresh Root Ginger (peeled and grated), 1 Tbsp Soft Light Brown Sugar, 1/2 Red Chilli (deseeded and chopped), 2 Tsp Fresh Coriander (chopped). Leave to stand for 30 mins.
- Top and tail the French beans and chop into small pieces. Mix together with the potatoes, spring onions, radishes, lime zest, coriander, chilli and curry paste. Stir in the eggs and chickpea flour. Season with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Heat a little oil in a heavy frying pan or griddle. Fry spoonfuls of the mixture for a few minutes on each side until golden-brown. Serve garnished with sprigs of coriander. Serve dipping sauces separately