Here is a delicious cake. Very moist and fruity.
- 500g of Rhubarb
- 100g Butter
- 100g + 50g Golden Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- 200g Self Raising Flour
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
1. Cut rhubard in small 1cm squares in a bowl. Sprinkle with 50g of golden caster sugar. Leave for 1hr. This will remove acidity of the rhubarb (you can omit this step if you are pressed for time. Just add the 50g of sugar to the cake mix instead)
2. Preheat the oven to Fan 180°C.
3. Mix butter. Add remaining golden caster sugar, eggs, salt and vanilla. Beat until pale.
4. Add rhubarb. Add Flour and mix well.
5. Put the cake mixture in a greased loaf tin.
6. Cook for 1 hour.